Headache is a symptom, which can be caused by many factors. It occurs because of nervous tension, brain injury, diseases of the brain and spinal system, hormonal changes and acquired severe infections. The character of the pain may warn of a temporary malfunction of the body or to signal the development of dangerous diseases.
The primary short-term pain most people tries to take painkillers, without forgetting about alternative medicinal methods – traditional medicine, aromatherapy, reflexology, massage.
It is the massage of reflex points, can quickly and effectively reduce pain in the head. It does not cause the body harm, which entails the ingestion of chemicals, which is especially important for women during lactation and pregnancy. In the latter case, the technique of acupressure should be agreed with the doctor, as the impact on some of the points can cause premature birth.
How does massage
Massage technique points (acupressure) is a type of reflexotherapy. Chiropractor performs the massage or pressure is applied to reflex points using the fingers. As a result, aktiviziruyutsya neuroreceptors located in the subcutaneous tissues throughout the body, and there is a pulse, which sends information to the brain. The reaction to the stimulus in the case of headache is reduced pain or complete disappearance.
On the human body is not less than 750 investigated active points, responsible for the functioning of the whole organism. Of 17 major reflex points can affect pain syndromes of the head, while removing the pain of tension and migraine attacks.
Spots cannot be determined visually. Microscopic examination they look like where a large number of neurons. The characteristic signs by which they can be detected are reference points on parts of the body and their own feelings. When exposed to the active point a person can feel the following:
- a feeling of local pain or lumbago;
- spreading heat;
- numbness around the point;
- the emergence of the so-called "chills";
- feeling like weak pulses of electrical current.
To find the corresponding reflex points and relieve the primary pain of the head independently, relying on the described sensations. But if the pain becomes permanent and is accompanied by additional symptoms, you should immediately consult medical advice to determine the cause of its manifestation.
Points on head for headaches
The head is on the 8 major reflex points, massage which leads to a decrease in headaches.
- Point located above the top of the nose in the region of the "third eye", massaged in circular movements in both directions.
- Symmetrical point located at the inner edge of the eyebrows. You need to find a small depression in the cranial bones and at the same time in a circular motion to massage it into both sides.
- The point located symmetrically just above the edge of the end of the eyebrow.
- Symmetric point, located in a small recess at the beginning of the helix of the ear. The impact is slight pressure.
- Point, symmetrically located in the scalp above the top edge of the ear, massaged in a circular motion. To find it, you need the index finger put on the point located at the beginning of the curl of the ear, the ring finger to set to a point located just above the outer edge of the eyebrow, while the middle finger will be in the desired reflex area.
- Point located in the recess under the occiput. Massaged in circular movements without strong pressure.
- Symmetrical points located at the site of attachment of the neck muscles to the skull. Rubbing lightly, when exposed to the patient may experience painful or unpleasant sensations.
- A sensitive point is located on top. To designate it, you need the index fingers to position the ears and hold them to the top of the head through the temporal mounds. The desired point is in the center of the head where the index finger. Massage is performed in a circular motion and light pressure.
Points for headaches on hand
Remove the headaches, you can use the 3 massage of the reflex points, located symmetrically on the hands. To achieve the effect necessary to act on the points of both hands, massaging them alternately.
- The point is at the junction of thumb and index finger. Need to push a small depression in this area: from the outer side of the palm to position the thumb of the second hand, with internal pointing. After the pain, the fingers should be sharply unclench. The impact of this point is forbidden for pregnant women as it can induce premature labour.
- The point is located in the cleavage between the two bones of the forearm: the radius and ulna. To find it you need to retreat from the crease at the wrist a distance equal to the width of three transverse fingers.
- The point is in the crook of the elbow. The arm bend at the elbow and massaged the edge of the folds from the outside.
Points for headaches on the foot
Basic reflex points, the impact of which also allows you to remove the pain of the head, symmetrically placed on the feet. Massage them at the same time, in a circular motion, or by pressure, the patient should sit in a comfortable position.
- Point located on the second finger 2 mm above from the base of the nail.
- The point is at the base of the fifth finger in a small recess on the outer side.
- Point is located between the fifth and fourth finger. To find it, should be from the base of the fingers to measure out a distance equal to one transverse finger.
- Point is at 3 mm above from the base of the nail of the first finger and slightly pulled off to the side of the second finger.
- The point is marked on the outside of the foot between the second and first finger, above their base two cross fingers.
- The point is located on the side of the inner side of the foot closer to the Shin region of the highest point of the arch. For the massage, you need to find a small indentation.
Despite the effectiveness of acupressure for acute pain syndromes, there are disease and condition of the patient, in which he categorically denied. The main testimony against his appointment are:
- The development of tumors irrespective of localization and Genesis.
- Aggravation of chronic pathologies (peptic ulcer disease of the digestive organs, tuberculosis).
- Infectious and viral diseases accompanied by fever.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels after a heart attack and after a stroke.
- Severe pathology of internal organs, resulting in the decline of their functioning.
- Mental disorders in the acute stage.
- Acute pain of obscure nature and origin.
- Age criteria: children under 1 year and people over the age of 70 years.
- The second half of pregnancy (during this period, acupressure may induce premature labour).
- Diseases of the blood.
- The menstrual cycle in women.
- Alcoholic intoxication.
- The exhaustion caused by heavy physical exertion.
- Dependence on weather conditions (not recommended to execute massage of active points with a sharp change in atmospheric pressure).
During the course of treatment acupressure, is necessary to limit the number of foods and performing certain procedures. It is not recommended to take a hot tub and sauna, and eat spicy foods, strong tea, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.
Adherence to all indications, prescriptions of specialists and techniques of massage will help to reduce the pain of the primary concerns in mind. If the impact point is not relieves or exacerbates it, then you need to contact the experts and seek the cause of the disturbing pain of the head.