The structure of the musculoskeletal system is designed so that no muscle without bones, nor bones without muscles cannot function separately from each other. Therefore, if the spinal muscular system is weak, and back problems don't have to wait long. In the first place begins to suffer posture and the person feels discomfort during various activities. But, of course, not any back pain to explain the weak muscle corset and low physical activity. There are different promises for the occurrence of episodic and chronic pain.
Episodic back pain called a temporary phenomenon, appearing suddenly and also disappearing without a trace. These immediate seizures are not associated with serious illnesses or serious injuries, but can signal that the body is experiencing discomfort or suffered severe stress. If for a long time to leave the body without attention, episodic pain can develop into chronic. Consider what you should pay attention in such a situation:
- Excessive muscular load. Prolonged high-load episodic pain can become chronic. It's easy to see a gradual deterioration of health at the avid gardeners, gardeners, gardeners who spend a lot of time, hunched. Of course, in the work on the ground has its advantages, it is important to alternate work with rest and properly distribute the load on the body. Often begin to disturb back pain after lifting "excessive" weight. Remember that lifting heavy should be from a sitting position, thus, the main load goes to his feet. But if you lift the load in the usual way, bent over at the waist, then the main burden gets a spine and problems will not keep itself waiting long. But do not think that in the absence of physical overload you immune from back pain. Spending long periods in one position in front of a monitor or TV also harms the spine, and work on the beds. So starting noticing the "problem" with your back to include in your daily routine exercises for back and reconsider the way of life and unpleasant sensations will disappear.
- Sedentary work, long trips and uncomfortable body position during sleep. All these factors lead to episodic back pain, aching sensations can become harder and longer. It should be understood that improper posture leads to compression of the blood vessels that reduce the flow of nutrients to the muscles. So do not forget every hour to do workout or exercises for the back. But the problems with uncomfortable place to sleep should be solved fundamentally, as this may lead to the development of osteoarthritis.
- Hypothermia. Spending long periods outside in cold weather, draughts, wind and air conditioning can cause hypothermia. The consequences of such a situation is "lumbago" in the back or a sharp pain that does not allow the person to move freely (lumbago). In such cases it is necessary to use a healing ointment, dry heat and to provide rest. When strong feelings are encouraged to take analgesics.
- The stretching of muscles, bruises and injuries. Falls and injuries can result in back pain, but proper treatment can prevent the consequences. Minor contusions are treated with rest and analgesics, injury leading to loss of disks and other serious problems that need hospital treatment in the hospital. When serious injuries back pain can be a constant companion and go into the chronic stage.
Chronic back pain cannot be ignored, they may indicate diseases of the spine or "faults" in the functioning of internal organs. Self-treatment is unacceptable, as without medical care the person may not properly identify the source of the problem, and therefore not able to carry out appropriate, effective treatment. The main causes of chronic back pain can be:
- Myalgia. Banal hypothermia may develop into a chronic tissue inflammation, called myalgia. Inflamed tissue muscles put pressure on nerves that leads to pain. Not curable myalgia leads to loss of sensitivity.
- Low back pain. The disease often occurs against a background of excessive muscular exertion, sedentary lifestyle, wrong diet. Osteochondrosis occurs degenerative lesions of joints, loss of elasticity of the spine and shortening the distance between the disks.
- Intervertebral hernia. This pathology is more common in people over the age of 40, it occurs due to the compression of the spine. Reduced not only the distance between the vertebrae, but also is the destruction of the intervertebral discs. This painful condition can be successfully treated, most importantly the timeliness and persistence.
- Spondylolisthesis or bulging vertebral discs. In this case, it is impossible to apply manual therapy, it is necessary to do an MRI and consult a neurologist.
- Ankylosing spondylitis or inflammation of the ligaments and joints of the spine. Often the person feels aching pain in the lower back. The disease progresses rapidly and spreads to the entire spine.
- Curvature of the spine. First, there is a slouch, after scoliosis and kyphosis.
Take care of yourself, because any disease is easier to prevent than to cure.